$6.99 – $27.00
MEDIUM: Ink and Watercolor
FRONT: Happy holidays
• Digital manipulation/derivative painting of any image/photography not created by you, unless you have obtained the license/permission to reproduce the image for resale in prints/artwork
• Long quotes from movies, cartoons, books, plays…etc.
• Characters from movies, cartoons, books, plays…etc.
• Celebrity references
Below is a summary of US copyright laws. The full document can be found here.
Copyright protection is afforded to tangible works with authorship, including:
1. Literary works [Books, Magazines, Comics]
2. Musical works, including any accompany words [Songs, Lyrics]
3. Dramatic works, including any accompany music [Musicals, Plays]
4. Pantomime and choreographic works
5. Pictorial, graphic, sculptural works [Logos, Other artist artworks]
6. Motion pictures and other audiovisual works [Movies, Music videos, Movie clips]
7. Sound recordings
8. Architectural works
Copyright protection isn’t given to any idea, procedure, process, system, method of operation, concept, principle, or discovery described, explained, illustrated, or embodied in copyrighted works.
However, you are allowed to use works that are in the Public Domain. This includes works that have been released by the author into the public domain, or their copyright has expired.
Work published or registered before 1923 is Public Domain
1923-63: 67 years depending on if renewal registration was made
1964-78: 95 years
1978 and after: Life of author + 70 years; if Corporate ownership then 95 years from publication, 120 years from creation
A symbol, word, or words legally registered or established by use as representing a company or product. [Slogans, Brand]
• Just do it – Nike
• I am lovin’ it – McDonald’s
Both the slogans and brand names are trademarked!
*This is provided for your information but is not substitute for qualified legal advice.
• Straight-on picture on a white wall, at least 800×800 pixels
• Avoid using famous quotes as we don’t have legal clearance to sell these.
• All designs should be 5″x7″
• You may design landscape or portrait cards, but keep in mind that portrait cards generally display and sell better.
• Avoid using any cultural icons in your illustrations (i.e. a celebrity, a film character, etc.)
• Your submission should be very clean.
• Make sure your colors are correct (i.e. your white should be a vibrant white, etc.) If you scanned your work, make sure there are no dust specks or marks on your scan.
• We do not do full color bleeds on our cards. All cards have a 1/4″ margin on all sides. Make sure your design accounts for this.
• If you do calligraphy, make sure your type is very legible. Close your a’s, cross your t’s and dot your i’s.